- Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range: 1.2 to 37V
- ±4% Maximum Over Line and Load Conditions
- Guaranteed 3.0A Output Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range
- Requires Only 4 External Components
- 150kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
- TTL Shutdown Capability, Low Power Standby Mode
- High Efficiency
- Uses Readily Available Standard Inductors
- Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
- Moisture Sensitivity Level 3
The LM2596G series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits ideally suited for easy and convenient design of a step-down switching regulator (buck converter). All circuits of this series are capable of driving a 3.0A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5.0V, 12V, and an adjustable output version.
These regulators were designed to minimize the number of external components to simplify the power supply design. Standard series of inductors optimized for use with the LM2596G are offered by several different inductor manufacturers.
The LM2596G series operates at a switching frequency of 150kHz, thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be required with lower frequency switching regulators.
LM2596G features include a ±4% tolerance on output voltage within specified input voltages and output load conditions, and ±15% on the oscillator frequency. External shutdown is included. The output switch includes cycle-by-cycle current limiting, as well as thermal shutdown for full protection under fault conditions.